View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 04:16 AM
Snooze2978

I quite buying fabric back in Nov 2018 after going to my 1st quilt bus tour. I'd gone nuts and bought lots of fabrics, end of bolts...all on sale. When I got home I didn't have anywhere to put all these 63+ partial bolts so told myself....okay girl, suck it up and start using what you've got now. So far I've purchased fabric only occasionally and I mean only a few times from my thrift shop. Thread I have tons of so no thread purchases. The only things I've ordered in the past couple years is batting and I've gone from a roll of batting to just king size indiviual or 4 in a box and only when on sale with free shipping. I counted how many quilts I have that need to be quilted plus those on my list and I have should have enough batting once I cut off the excess and piece them together to make larger battings for the smaller quilts on the list. My quilts are gifts to others. I may need to order a backing or two but otherwise I'll look to see what I have on hand and maybe even go to piecing them together to make a large enough backing. The prices have actually shocked me when I see them online for the sites I've looked at. I don't know how those of us that make donation quilts, gifts, etc can continue to keep giving. I've seen a couple of our local fabric stores closed down already since I moved here or they moved to larger towns hoping it would help their sales. So many stores have closed down for one reason or another and it's sad to see America closing up.