View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Iceblossom

No sewing or even playing with my new portable machine yesterday. We were going to do a bit of garage sale-ing in the morning and went out in the hubby's truck to get cash and I needed quarters for the laundromat. We don't have a local bank yet but there is a Chase on the far end of town open on Saturdays so we head there, get money broken down into small bills and the roll of quarters. Since we are on that end of town, we go to one of the farmer's markets. All is well but the truck doesn't start. We get a jump,it starts just fine but we are watching the power gauge steadily go down until we are about halfway back to home (5 miles left) and truck stops.

Hooray for AAA -- the charge guy comes out and determines as we already suspect that it is the alternator and not the starter or battery, and his advice is to have it towed while we are in a safe spot and not risk trying to get home. So we take his advice and now have to wait for the tow guy. Happens that we are about a block away from a BBQ/Bar so hubby volunteers to stay with the hot car while I go to the dark bar where I had some wonderful onion rings and a drink the bartender recommended when I said "something light and lemony". I think we left around 9:00 am and truck broke down about 10:30 and we got home about 3:30 pm... I was exhausted by that point and crashed while the hubby watched the U Michigan game.

I am so thankful that this didn't happen on the road as he was driving from Seattle. So thankful it wasn't during the recent 100 degree heat wave. So thankful we have two vehicles. We had charged cell phones and AAA and no dogs or children or other things with us (dogs had been left at home). And hey -- we had even been to the BBQ place already so knew that was a safe spot to be. We already have a garage we like, just maybe 1 mile away from our temporary rental and a fresh jumped battery will get him there with no problem. One of my turn signals had gone out and wasn't the bulb or fuse, and while we were there talking to the shop a lady came in with a quilting T-shirt, we were chatting and that's how I met my new Tuesday sewing group.

Today I did set up the new machine. I think it will work very well for what I want it to do. Still need to go through the boxes of stuff to find a project One of those tubs has some of my pre-put together kits but I haven't found that yet (maybe it's where my portable sewing kit is), or maybe will put together a new one out of things that were distracting me. Will try and get that done today but I still have Monday before Tuesday group.

Grats to all who have been getting things done!

Quiltah Mama -- Maine Cabin Masters is one of the home shows I regularly watch. Before the show I was reading some books set in Maine but I didn't quite have the concept of what a "camp" is and now I know. How cool that I have probably seen some of your work without realizing it -- and now your name makes more sense to me heard in a Maine accent