Old 09-10-2023, 09:48 PM
JENNR8R

LOL! I had a coworker who grew up in California. The first time we had a strong thunderstorm, she panicked and wanted to go get her children out of school to protect them. I don’t know how she was going to do that. Apparently, they don’t have thunderstorms in California. When we had a freak/damaging earthquake here in Northern Virginia, she was unconcerned.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
It is all what you are used to. My oldest daughter spent about a year on Long Island as a live-in nanny. Everyone went into serious panic mode with a tornado watch or heaven forbid a warning. She just went about her business taking appropriate precautions and soon it was over. Folks thought she was crazy and too cavalier. But she grew up with tornadoes here in Michigan. Shelter for a while and then carry on. Now, the story flipped big time when there was a hurricane that came up the east coast and nudged Long Island. Dear daughter was afraid and wanted to flee for the hills, but nannies can't do that. Again, it is all what you are used to.

Enjoying the storm stories.