View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 11:15 AM
JoeJr

I have a tendency to save things, e.g. if some piece of electronic equipment fails beyond repair, I will disassemble, recycle what can be, scrap what can't, save what I think I might need (one of my brothers-in-law says if it's organized it's not hoarding).

When I received this 600 the bobbin case was missing a very small nut on the underside for the screw visible from the top in the 1st picture. The case had that screw and the bar spring underneath. I had been looking for a small enough nut to match this screw with no success. I was sorting through some old circuit boards awaiting recycling and noticed a very small screw holding a piece of something onto something else, screwed into a tab. I was able to cut off that tab and trim it to fit in the underside of the bobbin case, as in picture 2. Luckily the top screw threaded into this tab.

Now the arm on the bobbin case stays down and holds the bobbin down instead of the bobbin hopping all over the place, and the machine sews pretty much the way it should.
Attached Thumbnails img_20230913_113949325.jpg   img_20230913_113931905.jpg