Old 09-16-2023, 05:57 PM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Hi everyone.
I am happy to see September girls gave received my packages.

I just got back home from the Quilt Show in Grand Rapids Mi. I have gone for the past 5? Years. This year the display of quilts was very nice but the vendors was very disappointing 🤷‍♀️ I only spent $10.00. That was 2 patriotic packs of mini charm packs. And I really tried to spend my money.
hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather.
I went to the show on Wednesday. I was surprised by the high number of "art" quilts. I have never been to AQS in Grand Rapids before and expected more of a balance of quilt types. Lots of "bedazzled" quilts some impressive but after a couple they started to leave me with a Ho-Hum feeling. I was impressed by the hand stitching of the quilts from Japan and the the number of applique quilts with itty-bitty features that were used.. The Baltimore Album style quilts were interesting, well done of course, and two I recall were whimsical. One was all things Texas and cowboys and the other was Halloween. Neither fit my taste but both made me smile and I obviously remembered them.

Did you see the quilt from our board member Watson, from Canada? It was a horse made of many small strips and colors and an exquisitely made shadow of a young girl reaching up to kiss the horse in the nose while hiding an apple behind her back. Exceptional details in the quilting, and lovely colors. Worthy of a place at the show.

I did not plan on spending much at the show and I only purchased on thing a ruler foot and a beginner straight and cured ruler. Time to develop some new skills. Y'all know about old dogs and new tricks. I am trying to break the rule and learn how to use these tools.
Attached Thumbnails 20230914-resized.jpg