Old 09-17-2023, 06:44 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Oh, my goodness, JENNR8R, I did not know this was yours. I recall seeing that quilt in the show. I obviously did not read quilting/quilter information. I would have recognized your name. So precise and exact. Now that I think back you did this or one like it a couple of years ago and folks commented on your use of the checkerboard setting triangles to surrounding the sailboats. Congratulations for being chosen for the show to you too. You are among the quilting elite when juried in to this show... in my book any way. Whoo Hoo we have a celebrity in our group. Now that I have embarrassed you, please know that I am so glad you mentioned your entry and congratulations again on this accomplishment. I am wondering if others from the QB had entries in the show? It feels sort of special to "know" the quilt makers when wandering about a quilt show.
Regatta was completed on 08/22/2022, and won a first place in the State Fair of Virginia last Fall. I also have a quilt juried into the AQS Des Moines show on 9/17/2023-09/30/2023. I entered these because I called AQS about an entry question and was forwarded to Bonnie Browning! I was a bit star struck because I immediately recognized her voice. She encouraged me to enter these two shows. I entered because she asked me to. Now I'm really glad that I honored her request after finding out she is retiring. If anyone is planning to go to the AQS Des Moines show, I'd love to have picture of it hanging there. I'm not able to go.

I have entered six quilts into the State Fair of Virginia this year in case anyone will be going there. They will be displayed from 09/22/2023 to 10/01/2023.