Thread: Sick about this
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:57 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I got this quilt out to look it over, considering blocking and binding, etc. and I noticed something. Look at the dark inner border around the center star. When I made it the width of that border had to be pretty exact so that the next row of blocks fit correctly. I drew the line that the row of blocks had to line up with for sewing.

I had gone over and over this top before deciding that I was ready to send it off for quilting and I never realized that I hadn't trimmed the dark border fabric. Now it shows underneath the lighter fabric.

The quilt guild and chapter I belong to have been attending these issues and recently brought in 2 judges to address our monthly meetings and they did slide show presentations and a trunk show of their award winning quilts. What they did was point out all of the faults in those quilts that should have kept them out of being entered into a juried show yet they all placed. Those faults did not prevent them from placing so they told us that although we do know the basic guilt show guidelines, we don't know the judges so that if we have what we consider to be a beautiful quilt, faults and all, we should still go ahead and enter them. The worst thing is they would be on display and not place. Your quilt is stunning and I do feel you should enter your quilt and see how it does. We all make mistakes. I'm surprised the quilter didn't give you a heads up so you could have fixed that. good luck. Enjoy your gorgeous quilt.
Patty

I believe that may be totally unacceptable and maybe I should forget about entering this quilt in any shows.

Please... honest opinions? Is that a show stopper? Should I just be happy with the wonderful quilt it is and forget about showing it?