Old 10-01-2023, 04:49 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
So what are some of the ornaments like? I have seen several blogs with ornament ideas but do ladies here generally make fancy, ornate, complicated ones? I have never done this and dont want to be the country bumpkin sending something simple to someone who has to ability to create spectacular
i just want to get a feel for the levels

Yeah, yeah, I remember the "country bumpkin" feeling the first time I joined this little group. I would suggest looking back a previous year's swap postings AKA threads here on the QB. You will find so many ideas that you will want to steal them all. I sent crocheted snowflakes one year and yarn gnomes another year. Some some folks sent "gift packages" but I suspect that they may know the recipient or maybe are just lovingly generous. That is not at all a requirement. The ornaments I have received have been hand made but not ornate or complicated. I would suggest that you use what you have on hand, and make a little holiday blessing for someone to enjoy. Below is a sample of my gnomes. Found the idea on YouTube and made probably 30 of them for all kinds of little gifting and favors.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-12-22-gnomes-bags-resized-.jpg