View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 05:37 AM
Butterfli19

Maybe it's just this age we live in. I learned to sew in 8th grade in the '70s, sewing was huge then and everyone was doing it. Giving or receiving a gift, making your own wedding gown, prom dress, outfit for your child's school picture or school dance, was almost revered - you were considered AMAZING if you could sew, even something so small as up a hem or sew on a button so it stays attached.

I've seen the sewing and cross stitch hobby and accessibility to fabrics and products almost cease to exist - very few brick and mortar cross stitch shops and good quality fabric stores. Now we have the 'convenience' of the internet, always a wonder if you will get something great or just ok.

What if you make smaller quilts for people who lived in those days, like nursing home or assisted living residents? Some are there alone, some whose families don't visit often. Maybe a quilt or a shawl or a handmade stuffed animal or doll would cheer them up, and bring back some memories when their lives were full and involved. I bet they would love that.
Actually, I know they would.