View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 02:31 PM
WMUTeach

Default Ta Da Finished!

The Christmas Cross Quilt is finished! Quilting, binding, label and I snipped all the little tails of thread. I did a simple straight line diagonal quilting except for the red crosses. They have a wide meandering that I did free hand. The back of the quilt pleases me with the almost lacy appearing crosses or "X's" on the white on white backing..

My goal was to diminish my stash of 2.5 in squares of Christmas/winter fabrics. Some how word got out in a volunteer group I am part of that I "wanted" Christmas scraps. Not so, but I turned them in to 2.5 Inch squares. Please don't count, but there are 877 in this quilt. Total fabric from my stash and out the door is just short of 6 yards total.

A successful VQW for me. One goal and one goal met. No more quilting for me tonight. I will use some time this evening to prep and pack for my retreat this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I have enjoyed your projects, challenges and stories this week end. See you all in a month.
Attached Thumbnails 20231008_163850-1-reduced-2.jpg   20231008_162439-1-resized.jpg