Old 11-02-2023, 07:25 AM
Iceblossom

Hooray for Chuck the furnace guy! He got us heat again, plus it's warming back up again for the next few days.

I didn't get any sewing or fabric pulling done but today I will find the solids tote, I might have a big enough piece of red but will probably use a variety of prints. I know I have enough blues, both dark and light, just have to find them. And this morning in a moment of weakness, I did order one of the neutral packs from Bonnie's suggested store. That should be plenty mixed in with what I moved.

Last month I did have to buy a some greens for my Christmas string quilt, that was the first fabric I've bought in almost 2 years. It was all on sale and I had a strict $20 budget. This package was the first fabric in truly years that I've bought at full price... I am done with the sticker shock but I do sympathize for people without excessive yardage already at home. I did give away a LOT of stuff when I moved but justified that I moved a lot of fabric on the current cost of yardage. I really compared the idea of paying the moving costs (both physical and financial) and ultimately decided that I am just not constitutionally equipped for the idea of spending large amounts of cash on fabric -- I am perfectly happy to buy large amounts of fabric, just not the price to pay.