View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 07:56 AM
Iceblossom

Is doubly disappointing when a really anticipated book isn't quite what you wanted... I think I mentioned that I was somewhat disappointed in the latest Jack Reacher/Lee and Lincoln Child book but I'm not seeing that post right off... maybe it was one where I timed out. It was a perfectly adequate action story set in Reacher's military days, but what I like is Reacher's travels and thoughts and owning nothing lifestyle and how that works for him. I also recognize that I really miss Dick Hill's narration -- sadly Dick died last fall. Scott Brick has taken over the narration duties, and while he's great I have his voice in my head for other stories/characters and not so much for Reacher.

I just finished Michael Connolly's latest Lincoln Lawyer book -- i was much happier with that one than the Reacher book. Is sad that Harry Bosch (character) is on his last legs, aging and with stage 4 cancer. Titus Welliver who plays Bosch on the tv show is one of the narrators (Bosch's part).

While speaking of narrators, I was surprised when I looked at how many series I've listened to with George Guidall as narrator, currently it is the Longmire books. I found he also did the Tony Hillerman books with Leaphorn and Chee -- I read those visually instead of by audio. But also the Vince Flynn/character Mitch Rapp books and some of the Gabriel Allon books by Daniel Silva and many others, classics and modern works both. Sometimes when looking for new books I check out the narrators instead of the authors!