View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 07:16 PM
cathyvv

Wink

Last question first:

I bought Q'nique 21 and QCT Beginnings because it was half as much as similar throat size of HQ, and Pro-stitcher did not offer tiers like QCT does. If I was going to start a business quilting, I might have made a different choice. But that would make quilting WORK and I am done with WORK!

HQ16 bought used. It was not stitch controlled, but the PC Quilter computerized system I bought with it moved the machine at a steady pace, so it wasn't necessary. For me, size 11 stich worked best. HQ16 was basically a mechanical machine with some computer control. My husband was able to clean and maintain it, thank goodness.

Q'nique 21 - Stitch size - I generally use 10 spi and have beautiful stitching. Size can be adjusted smaller or larger, but not sure of he range. I'll look it up tomorrow. Tension is everything with stitching, no matter which machine you use. My Q'nique and I have worked that out. I replaced the bobbin spring with a Bobbin Genie; it was like a miracle occurred!

Handles: I don't use handles as I have nerve issues in shoulders arms and hands, so moving the quilt for any length of time could become tortuous. That's why I purchased a long arm after quilting one baby quilt on my domestic machine.

Last edited by cathyvv; 11-14-2023 at 07:33 PM.