View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 09:01 AM
Endora

Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
The newer style prefolds are dumb. They're often found as 'burp cloths' at Target or Walmart but they're not layers of cotton. Instead they have a later of polyester batting to make them thick in the middle.

Polyester doesn't absorb. Sigh.
It's been years since I last dealt with cloth diapers, but seeing all of the funky styles today, I would be turned off as a new mom having to mess around with all of the stuffing, etc, and as you say, dealing with diapers that aren't 100% cotton, what in the world are the makers of those diapers thinking using polyester???

Then there's today's modern Velcro closing diaper covers which just don't seem like they would be as waterproof and reliable as the old-fashioned rubber pants I used.

I used 100% cotton flannelette diapers, the large rectangle sheet ones, they were so absorbent and soft, and once I had them folded and stacked on the dresser top beside my kids cribs, all I had to do was pluck a diaper from the stack, fit it to the baby, and a safety pin on each side took care of the fastening. No-nonsense diapers they were, and boy, did they ever get the job done, and very well may I add.

Always preferred folding diapers from scratch, because I always felt I could get a better fit from the old traditional fold-and-pin diapers.