View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 02:25 PM
Endora

Originally Posted by Still Sew N View Post
Yup, great memories there. I still have a jar of those pins and use them to thread elastic thru casings. Rubber pants - I remember them too. My daughter is using cloth diapers and oh man have things changed. We couldn't even find rubber pants, diaper pins or those blue liners I use to use inside their diapers. The current system is mind boggling to me - so many snaps and thick liners and a fancy spray apparatus on the toilet itself. Crazy how the old system was in place for so many, many years and now, well things have changed! But you know - babies haven't! Thanks for the great memory reminder!
I used disposable (flushable) diaper liners with my babies for the first 5-6 weeks after they were born. Had blue and white liners, and boy, were they ever a godsend!

Those liners made cleanup a breeze when it came to the early meconium poops. Unlatch pins on the diaper, roll up the liner and flush, diaper into the pail!

The Curity brand diaper liners were blue (I used them), and the other brand of liners I used were Johnson's.

Once my babies were toddling, diaper liners didn't work, they shifted, bunched, and would sag and end up in a ball in the bum of their diapers, but when my kids reached the daytime toilet training stage but still needed to wear diapers at night, I'd line their nighttime double-fold diaper with a liner, pin-fasten the diaper on, top the diaper off with rubber pants, and not once did any of my kids suffer nighttime irritation or a diaper rash when I used a liner in their diapers, and by morning they'd always wake soaked, yet those liners kept them comfy and helped keep wetness away from their bottoms.