View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 03:16 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Endora View Post
I used disposable (flushable) diaper liners with my babies for the first 5-6 weeks after they were born. Had blue and white liners, and boy, were they ever a godsend!

Those liners made cleanup a breeze when it came to the early meconium poops. Unlatch pins on the diaper, roll up the liner and flush, diaper into the pail!

The Curity brand diaper liners were blue (I used them), and the other brand of liners I used were Johnson's.

Once my babies were toddling, diaper liners didn't work, they shifted, bunched, and would sag and end up in a ball in the bum of their diapers, but when my kids reached the daytime toilet training stage but still needed to wear diapers at night, I'd line their nighttime double-fold diaper with a liner, pin-fasten the diaper on, top the diaper off with rubber pants, and not once did any of my kids suffer nighttime irritation or a diaper rash when I used a liner in their diapers, and by morning they'd always wake soaked, yet those liners kept them comfy and helped keep wetness away from their bottoms.
I used them too. For first one only the white ones were available. Then for Sweet Son who died in 2020, we had the blue ones. He was slow to potty train but was a good talker. He would say "I pooped and I want the duck diaper pins and a blue liner" and I would say "if you can say all that why can't you tell me before?" And he said "when we move to our new house I will use the toilet". We were due to move soon. And as soon as we moved he said "now I will use the toilet" and he was potty trained from then. He was almost 3.