View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 03:29 PM
Endora

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Thats just what I did!
Yes, me, too, though running the pins through my hair was my favoured method.

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I used them too. For first one only the white ones were available. Then for Sweet Son who died in 2020, we had the blue ones. He was slow to potty train but was a good talker. He would say "I pooped and I want the duck diaper pins and a blue liner" and I would say "if you can say all that why can't you tell me before?" And he said "when we move to our new house I will use the toilet". We were due to move soon. And as soon as we moved he said "now I will use the toilet" and he was potty trained from then. He was almost 3.
I am so sorry to hear of your sons passing, Stitchnripper.

OMG, OMG, OMG... your story of your son being able to vocalize what he did to you is amazing!!!

One of my sons would pull at and snap the front elastic waistband of his rubber pants when he was wet or needed to be changed, so I'd say to him, go get mommy a diaper and I'll change you, and so he'd race off to the baby room and arrive back in the kitchen with a pair of rubber pants in hand, and in an excited and loud voice he'd say... "pop-a-pants, mommy, pop-a-pants"! Cutest thing ever.

I'm convinced he got the name "pop-a-pants" from me allowing him to hold the diaper pins at change-time, then as I needed a pin I'd say to him, okay, pass mommy a pin, and he'd pass me a pin, so he must have put one-and-one together that mommy uses pins to put on his pants, so I'm guessing he automatically thought mommy is popping his pants with the pins, so rubber pants were "pop-a-pants".