Thread: Patent patterns
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 10:33 AM
petthefabric

Default Patent patterns

On QB was a picture of a quilt. I liked it. Thought to self, “I can figure that out”. So I did-figure it out. As it’s shaping up and revealing the design, I’m thinking, “this pattern is amazing, took some planning. Wonder if it’s a published pattern……with a patent?”

Then the resurrected thread about Yellow Brick Road makes a storm with criticism.

I’m feeling more than a little bit guilty for having copied the picture. Now, don’t know where the picture was posted, who posted it, name of pattern. It has a secondary pattern due to sashing. Really quite nice. I think someone needs recognition for the pattern. And maybe $$$ for the pattern.

what do you think? If it’s a patented pattern, should I post a picture?

Here’s a few hints. Hope someone recognizes this.
my block is made with 2 inch base measurement. The block measures 20 inches. If the base measurement was 1.5” the block would be 15”. If the base was 1 inch, the block would be 10”. The pictured quilt was scrappy blue/green. Value was very important to design.
the secondary pattern incorporates the sashing and outside border of each block to make a diamond, between each adjacent 2 blocks.

Last edited by petthefabric; 11-25-2023 at 10:43 AM.