View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 05:31 AM
WMUTeach

I found what helped me most was keeping a Fabric IN and a Fabric OUT list month by month. No spread sheets or calculators, but just a simple list that have kept in a spiral notebook in my sewing room. Some months it is a break even, other months much better than that. To me being accountable sure does keep me motivated. By the end of October 2023, I had nearly 100 yards OUT and about 20 yards IN. Not all 'OUTS" were finished quilts. Some was fabric I donated to someone else or an organization. Most OUTS were finished quilts for Project Linus. Bottom line, OUT means no longer in my sewing room. IN means purchased or picked up from give away tables or given to me by from dear friends who give UFOs and such to me "because I sew".

Just an idea that has worked for me. It has taken a couple of years to fall into the rhythm of loosely tracking my IN and OUT but I like seeing the numbers change month by month. My accountability group? Online, via My Carolina Home Stashbuster Challenge. Low pressure and everyone is just like us, it fact some are ....us