View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 07:56 AM
OurWorkbench

Default December 2023 - Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together - Part 1

Denver has had some roller coaster type weather. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving the high was 68° then it went down from there. It was 41° early Thanksgiving morning and didn't get back to 41° until midday Sunday, with the low Saturday of 12°. Close to seasonal the last couple of days.

We have notes from Loraine, Courtney and Dorothy this month.

Loraine sent pictures of her recently acquired treadle with after treatment and a couple of before her treatment.

Loraine

I tried to send you several photos.
Hopefully you got 7? photos?
I am treating the wood cabinet of the 1910? Standard treadle sewing machine I recently acquired.
Two photos are ‘before’ images.
The rest of the photos are after one application of homemade product, as follows:
1/3c each white vinegar, turpentine, and linseed oil mixed in a glass jar and
applied with 0000 grade steel wool. The machine is sitting in the garage as the product odor is rather strong.
I applied the treatment to all the wood I could reasonably reach, drawers included. I have a little bit of product left over which I plan to apply when the weather is warmer (as with the first application). Then it will be time to move it into the house & replace the belt so it can be put into working condition.
All for now.
Best,
Loraine

loraine_img_0037.jpg

loraine_img_0038.jpg

loraine-_img_0041.jpg

loraine_img_0042.jpg

loraine_img_0043.jpg

to be continued ...(with the before pictures)