Old 12-01-2023, 03:56 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I was hoping I'd be joining in again for the next year, but I'm still not settled so will sit another year out. Now that I'm retired, I've been working on completing some candy quilts, here are a few of them that used 2.5" squares. Many years ago I had got the idea to cut up scraps so I had a lot of 2.5" squares in the same fabric along with what I got from the swaps. I had inherited a GFG partially done quilt my Mom started for my sister. I finished it up but converted it to setting triangles (or it might be another 30 years before it got done!) and was able to cut up all the remaining blue and green hexies into 2.5" squares and used them for the Rose quilt.
Oh, I was hoping you would be back. You are always full of good ideas as you showed in the photos you posted. The Rose of course is beautiful and yes, it looks like cross stitch or one of those clever pixelated photo quilts in color rather than in gray tones. I kept your name on my 2024 list for a possible return but will move your name to the 2025 list.

Keep stitching and of course lurk all you want and show off your accomplishments. It is always encouragement to the rest of us. Of course, you can always change your mind and join us in 2024.The new sign-up will appear soon. Tee-Hee-Hee!