View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Peckish

Ok hear me out.

I make cookies for my friends, but I do not bake them. I scoop the dough into balls, freeze them, then vacuum-seal them in bags. With a Sharpie, I write the name of the cookie, the baking time & temp on the bag. Example "Snickerdoodles, 350° for 10 minutes".
The reason I give cookie dough is because EVERYONE overeats during the holidays. Church potlucks, work Christmas parties, cookie exchanges between friends, family get-togethers... My thinking was if I give frozen cookie dough, my friends could bake the cookies when they wanted to eat cookies, and the cookies would be warm and fresh out of the oven. Plus it frees up more time for me to do other things.

This has been a HUGE hit. My friends send me texts with pictures throughout the year (although I think the longest any of the cookies have lasted was Mother's Day) of their freshly-baked cookies, and they are SO appreciative. A couple friends have even told me privately it's their favorite "friends" gift they receive, and they look forward to the cookies every year.

The ones I make are:

Chocolate chip
Raisin oatmeal
Ginger cookies with white chocolate chips
Snickerdoodles
Cranberry-orange

Each set of friends (all couples) get a dozen of each kind of cookie.

Last edited by Peckish; 12-05-2023 at 11:04 AM.