View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 06:03 AM
Iceblossom

I am proud of myself! My new sewing groups meets at a public library and from time to time we have visitors popping by to see what we are doing. Last week there was a mom and her two home schooled kids who go to the library on our work day. She asked if it would be ok for her to bring some fabric to donate to us and we said of course! Yesterday she brought in a bunch of yardage (maybe 100 yards) that had been collected mostly by her mother. All sorts of colors and themes and mostly 1-3+ yards but some smaller pieces. Her goal was to pass as much on as she could... I did take a couple of pieces, some smaller Christmas prints I can use now in my Christmas string quilt border, and a couple of larger neutrals because I am very low on neutrals... I didn't take all the neutrals (not by a long shot), I passed on a bunch of purples that I would have normally loved to collect but don't have any plans, and also passed on some greens that weren't in the color range I am allowing myself to collect right now.

Ok, I do sort of regret I didn't just snatch up all the purples but I have learned to live with regret!