Thread: Standard R35
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 09:06 AM
GinaB

Default Standard R35

I'm hoping someone here that has a Standard R35 could tell me what the serial number of their machine is. Or, if you know someone with an R35 who isn't here, could you ask that person and let me know? I would so appreciate that.
I only knew of the R35 because I happened to find an instruction manual.
The only photo of the actual sewing machine I've found is the one here from 2014. It is a nice photo, SO glad to have found this thread!

I have a Standard Rotary serial number 1581692 that I believe came before the Standard R35 , and I'm hoping the serial number of one or more R35s might help confirm that, or prove my idea wrong.

Mine doesnt seem to have a model number on it or on its manual, and there is no date on the manual either. The manual title is "Instructions for Using the Standard Rotary Hook Sewing Machine", there is an illustration of the winged bobbin, then "The Standard Sewing Machine Co. " then "Cleveland, Ohio" then "U.S.A" and over in the corner is says "Form 1335-G" . So it says nothing about the Osann Corporation. Whereas the copy of the R35 manual says on the front "The Osann Corporation Successors to the Standard Sewing Machine Co."

I've been calling mine the STandard Rotary G, even though it isn't called that in the manual, because that term does appear on one or two aftermarket parts suppliers , I think a Boye needle list and the Barker (?) bobbin page.

My machine looks more similar to the R35 in body shape and faceplate than the earlier stout body shape, and mine seems to have the same bobbin and bobbin case as the R35, but the R35 has a solid balance wheel whereas mine has a spoked balance wheel.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Gina

​​​