View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 PM
barbsbus

Originally Posted by skpkatydid
Your topiaries are fantastic. I dabbled with making a simple hat one and I can attest to the fact that the chicken wire is not all that easy to work with. Congrats on the presentation opportunities and the sales.

I discovered if you use the vinyl covered chicken wire it is a lot easier to work with than the galvanized. I really do not want to spend a lot of time with the topiaries but felt like I should pass on what I know to the groups that asked me. One of my friends in my garden club told a group of state officers about my topiaries that I have given to members in my local club and it kind of developed into a project that was fun but I really would like to just play in my sewing room and make topiaries for my friends as gifts and not make it into a business. It takes quite a long time to make one and as most of us know you just never can make enough money for the hours spent on products. I did learn some new ways to work with the PowerPoint program and appriciate the work that goes into writing instuctional books.