View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 11:13 AM
quiltsfor

I used to sew clothing when I was in high school, basic clothes like dresses, shirts, skirts.

Then recently I needed some flannel shirts, and also some dress clothes, so I started sewing again about a month ago. I tried a couple of different store bought patterns, but had to do so many alters/changes on them that I just tossed them (besides hating the awful thin paper the patterns are printed on) and made my own patterns.

I actually use freezer paper to draw out my pattern and after I get the pattern down, I iron it onto fusible interfacing to make it more tear resistant for repeated use. So far, in this past month, I've made dress pants, and blouses. I needed the dress clothes first, so my next go to will be flannel shirts for everyday wear, using the same pattern that I used for my blouses. I hate fitted clothing, and prefer a loose fit. I don't want to feel like I am poured into my clothes. It's actually been easier to get back into sewing clothing than I thought it would be, especially since I decided to make my own patterns that fit my body.