Old 12-19-2023, 04:08 AM
Lena1952

Originally Posted by Iceblossom
Lena1952 -- if you have it available on your sewing machine, sounds like your grid quilting idea might be perfect for the serpentine stitch, that is sort of a multistitch zig zag. Basically you point the direction and your machine will do the work for you. The wavy line is more forgiving to both staying where you want and if your piecing has a few irregularities. Close is good enough! I press open and another thing I like about it is both sides of the seam allowance are stitched down.

Some people are able to do the little waves themself, but I lack the regularity for small repeats. Doesn't mean you can do larger repeats, even over several inches, just make sure it looks deliberate
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have that stitch on my older Pfaff but I have another I'll check that one but don't remember seeing it on that machine either. I totally agree, it would be the perfect stitch to use and have often wish I had that stitch. I love this machine and am not willing to purchase another machine just to get it though. LOL Like you, I don't have the consistency to attempt the stitch on my own. Mine would look as if a drunken monkey had suddenly tried to quilt.(No disrespect to drunk monkeys) I'll check out some of the other stitches and see if there are any that will work.