View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 07:01 AM
bkay

There is no rule that says you can't that I'm aware of. I don't know much about international mail, but I have to go to the Post Office this week and will look into it.

Generally (in the past), we have swapped 5" charms. You choose 8 fabrics (depending on the rules) that have a specific identifiable object in them that will fit in a 5" square. You bag one of each of your fabrics in a baggie (8 fabrics per bag) and send them to me. I take your baggies and distribute one each of them to the other swappers and one of each of theirs to you.

So, you end up with 8 different bags of I Spy charms, which is generally enough for a quilt with sashing. Depending on the number of swappers, some people send two sets. (If you send 2 sets, each set has to be unique.)

If we get enough interest, I will post some photos of fabrics that work well and those that don't. I have a box full of fabrics I bought for my first I Spy swap. They were really cute and or interesting, but they all needed to be fussy cut. I don't enjoy fussy cutting. That's why they are still in the box.

You have to have 8 unique fabrics per bag, but all your bags don't have to match. So you can use scraps if you have them.

I hope I've described this adequately. If not, let me know.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 01-03-2024 at 07:04 AM.