View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 08:10 AM
rryder

Looks like everyone is off to a great start.
WMUTeach- yes, I watch her declutter challenge every year, but I don't follow it step by step since my clutter is different than hers LOL.
Buckeye quilter- congrats on retirement and getting a head start on the flannel.

This morning I pulled out all the knitting books, tools and supplies I could find. I've set aside the sock yarns and double pointed needles in my keep pile. Then I started sorting the yarns. I had cones of viscose, cotton and rug wool that was from my weaving days-these will go in the sell or donate pile. Then I pulled out the 4 knitting project bags and emptied them into two baskets- 1 for needles and 1 for smaller notions. I also found some novelty yarns that will be fun to use for couching experiments- those are on the keep pile. I also decided to throw out all the swatches I'd done over the years- nearly filled the trash can!. Then I called it quits for the day and will start again tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll photograph today's sell or donate pile and put the yarn on eBay in lots.

Friday I'll work on the two remaining totes of yarn- these are mixed groups of hand spun and nice commercial yarns. Not sure what I'll do with those yet, but may try to sell them on eBay or offer to a friend who knits.

Keep it up everyone!

Rob