View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 02:49 PM
1CharmShort

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
I'm so far in....I can't turn around in my guest bedroom...aka the place where I store the fabric. I can't have any guests!!

I already declared a personal "no buy January (if you follow TerriblyRadQuilts - she introduced me last year). I also made a list for myself of Projects I already Have the Fabric For....and I filled a full page in my journal.
Yes! This! I'll come back to this in a minute...

I have been a lurker here, following along with all your slips and victories, and I just wanted to say a big thumbs up, high five and congratulations to all of you. It is big, in my world to even try this.

Thank you, Gemm for this...second (and third, etc.) chance to try, try again.

Way back, in the *oh oh so long ago* way back machine, I purchased all the fabric *cough* I would ever need before the prices went up. At that time, a high price was about $6.50/ yd
But, you know....that fabric is SO cute, pretty, perfect for the niece, bff etc.

Back to the "I already declared a personal no buy January..."
I REALLY need to do at least this!

So....I really haven't bought any fabric...for...months now. Pat on the back.

Instead, I have been buying vinyl and cork and faux suede because I like to make bags, coin purses, totes etc.
and, because I have begun wire weaving (love that) I have been buying wire and pliers and beads and...
and, because I enjoy knitting, crochet and other yarn projects, I have been buying yarn.
Does embroidery thread count? DMC and perl cotton? so pretty! and so fun to do some slow stitching in the evenings.

I also love to paint....I did actually sell all my air brushing supplies, but kept the H2O colors & other stuff
and I'm weaning myself from wood working and egg carving
but do you know how fun dyeing fabric is? That is one thing I won't stop doing -buying more dyes, etc.

Is there a moratorium for just...everything?
it's still early days for 2024.
maybe I'll just keep lurking

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 01-04-2024 at 02:54 PM.