View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 09:54 AM
happylab

Default 2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

Hello everyone, Happy belated New Years!!! I hope everyone had a great transition to 2024. My new years was quiet and relaxing.

i know many of you may have made sewing New Year’s resolutions and one of the resolutions could be to complete those UFO’s handing around. Well you found the right thread to help you along the way. Our goals in this thread is to encourage each other, and work on an UFO at your leisure. If you want suggestions on how to finish the quilt projects just post pics and ask away. I would like to have you tell us your goals on the ufo project (quilting, be it a purse or wallhanging, or whatever guilting related) each month and a pic if you like. My definition of a ufo =. “If you consider it a ufo I consider it an UFO.”

so welcome old and new members and let’s enjoy our 2024 UFO adventure together.

I will start 1st. My UFO project goal this month will be to finish the r r/w/blk king size quilt. I picked the pattern and bought fabric 2.5 years ago. I had planned to make it a throw quilt. But… I made the mistake of asking my niece what size she wanted … she responded a queen size. Then she moved and bought a king size bed and of course wants a king size quilt. So I had to buy more fabrics and refigure my quilt sizes. Last month I thought I would be finished with this project and realized the backing fabric is way too stiff for the backing. So I ended up ordering flannel cotton wide backing for the back. Now I’m just waiting for the package in the mail. Then I will wash & iron the backing fabric and off I go and quilt the top. The top measures 95” by 120”. I do plan to quilt a twin size floral top while I’m waiting for the other fabric. Then 2 UFO’s should be completed this month.

So, welcome and enjoy our UFO adventure together.