View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 12:03 PM
rryder

I got through the knitting, crocheting and weaving tools! It wasn't easy. I had planned to keep only one set of double points for sock knitting, but I ended up keeping a variety of regular knitting needles, all my double points and my Nitpicks interchangeable circular needle set. All this fits into one Bag Smith project bag! I also kept two plastic bags of sock yarns and a small basket of assorted odds and ends yarns to use for couching and/or felting. Meanwhile, The stuff I've set aside to be sold/donated includes the following:
a complete set of bamboo needles, a complete set of bamboo double points and a set of bamboo circular needles as well as a ton of odds and ends (row counters, cable holders, three different cases for holding lots of knitting needles, etc.), one Bag Smith project bag, on knitting caddy, one woven palm leaf knitting project bag, a small rigid heddle loom and assorted weaving tools all in addition to the yarns that I destashed last week.

I think that's a good 60-70 pounds of stuff (maybe more). It takes up about 50 times as much space as what I kept ( yes, that's 50, not a typo). Clearly I had way more stuff than I needed or could use in my lifetime.

Taking a break today. Tomorrow I want to start pulling a few "how-to" books that pertain to hobbies I am downsizing. I'll try to find 5 to start with and work up to letting go of more LOL. Though it may not seem possible to folks who know me, I actually have a harder time destashing books than tools. I'm also going to start finding things do not belong or that are trash in my other studio space so that I can start going through the junk journaling stuff.

Rob