View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 12:46 PM
auntjo

Had nothing but trouble (basically computer user error getting here the last year or two it seems, but finally made it. Made a backing for the sampler 4 years ago and put her on my Tin Lizzie to do the sashing ditching and found a panto I liked for the borders. I have been practicing more and more ruler work and free motion long arm quilting the past couple years and finally had the opportunity to buy my neighbor's 30" Gammill Optimum on a 14' frame and found another friend to buy my Tin Lizzie Eighteen (to move out of town with her) this past summer and decided this winter's project for the longarm learning curve would be the sampler finally. It's still only about 3/4's quilted, but coming along nicely and I decided to take her off the frame agaiin this past week to use her for ideas and samples in a ruler work demonstration for our longarm group at our regular monthly meetup so I got a picture of her as is while showing her off.

Guess I could share that my small quilt group here in Port Orford, Oregon is now going to embark on doing at least 2 blocks a month of this quilt for this year anyway - they were inspired to at least start the journey...
Attached Thumbnails joanne-sampler-back.jpg   joanne-sampler.jpg