View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 06:40 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
An extremely poorly written and error-filled "precision piecing" online class. The workbook is full of errors and the instructor hasn't fixed them despite being asked to by several students. The workbook also doesn't match the videos for the cutting plan. Fabric is being wasted due to incorrect cutting instructions, and templates for applique and paper piecing are printing out too small (even when printing "actual size/100%"), forcing "experimentation" to figure out the right manual scaling for printing. I have one last block (of 12) to go, and I will be so very glad when it's done. The class was not cheap, and I will never take another of that instructor's classes nor buy any patterns she produces.

What's made it "advanced" is that rather than learning within the class, I'm having to search for other tutorials and use other tools (buy templates/rulers) to actually produce usable blocks.
Any class that was that bad would deserve naming, so no one else gets to learn any more "advanced" techniques from the presenter. If you inadvertently hired a bad painter, you would tell your neighbors not to hire him/her. A person who sells a quilting class should be held to the same standard.

bkay