View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 08:57 AM
ekuw

Default Last finish of 2023

This quilt came about as I was determined to make a "scrappy" quilt. My quilt friend follows someone on facebook who has a mystery "quiltober" offering. It was a scrappy project and I decided I would participate. Well, I had some scraps, but since I use my stash I usually don't have quite enough. In this case I was going to use some aboriginal fabric leftovers so I pulled my scraps and bought a few fat quarters to round things out. Then I was putting fabric away from a wall hanging project I had just completed and realized I should have use those scraps for the Quiltober...Duh! Anyway, that's when I decided that said scraps would work for this pattern that I found on allpeoplequilt.com called "Vivid Grids".

https://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt...ows/vivid-grid

While the colors I chose are not Vivid...I would call it more of a low volume look, I am happy with how the quilt turned out and did use most of those brown/rust/burgundy colored scraps as well as many gold-ish colored fabrics for the background. Went with simple flower stencil and ditch quilting. The pattern used 2.5 inch squares, but I like smaller blocks so I made mine with 2 inch squares.
Attached Thumbnails grid.jpg   grid-close-up.jpg