View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 09:00 AM
Macybaby

I wouldn't worry about "new fabric". Members switch around, and I for one am perfectly fine getting something I've gotten before - because I'm not going to notice ! I also have so many duplicates in my candy stash of my own fabric I've cut up too.

Since I only wanted to cut one WOF of any fabric, I pulled 65 fabrics out of my stash. I'm sure there are a few that I've used for candies before, as my favorites are still my favorites and I gravitate to some of them without conscious effort. I've been surprised at some that I've pulled that I've never cut into yet, as I really like them. I think too often I look at them and think I need to save them for something special. But then it's possible they'll outlast me, and what fun is that? So I'm trying to be better about using my special fabric and not fretting about it.

I like to bulk cut - I'll press and lay my strips out in stacks of five, then carefully line four rows on my cutting board. Then I lay out my large stripology cutter and cut away! It's easy enough then to put together 10 different stacks of 5 to get what I need.

I've got about half my wof cut, so am taking a break. Yesterday I cut out all the squares for the I Spy swap, that was a bit of a pain as I pulled 35 fabrics, and only about 7 didn't need to be fussy cut. Looking forward to getting back to actually sewing!