View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 03:45 AM
cindi

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I used to use the binder/page protector method, but that took up so much space and was hard to find a specific recipe.
Now I use an app called Paprika. It is so awesome! I have it on my phone, my laptop, and my iPad. I can manually type in my recipe, or I can copy/paste a browser link and the software will automatically download the recipe. I can create my own categories and assign each recipe multiple categories, if I choose. I can scale the recipes up or down with the click of a button. I can create menus for whatever amount of time - usually I do a week. Assign a recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for each day. A click of a button brings up the ingredients for each recipe. I go thru the ingredients and check the pantry, then another click adds it to the grocery list. The app syncs between all my devices, so I can take my phone with me to the grocery store and check things off my list as I add them to the cart. Saves me SO much time!
‘I heartily second the Paprika app! Best app EVER for recipes. Plus, I’ve created categories in it for Costco, Target and even the fabric store. You can create any category in the grocery list and add anything to it - it doesn’t have to be just groceries! No more separate written lists for those stores. I just bring up the “Groceries” in the app to see what I need. Love that you can scale recipes up or down, and that you can edit the recipes to include your own “tweaks” or put notes in a recipe with tips or comments when you make a recipe.