View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 10:32 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Lol semantics, I guess. Anyway - my point is: this event happened several years ago, Superior is still making thread, and I don't really see the benefits of worrying about something that hasn't happened.

Maybe a better question to ask is, what threads, other than Superior, do the rest of us use?

For longarming, I use Innovatech and Glide, in addition to Superior's King Tut, Bottom Line, and Microquilter. I don't much care for Aurifil, it seems to tangle easily and the tension is fiddly. It's also hard to locate in my area. I do know other quilters who swear by it.

For piecing, I almost exclusively use Bottom Line. If Superior ever quit making it, then I would look for a 40 wt poly thread elsewhere.
(I think you mean 60wt poly.) Look for Brothread and Simthread on Amazon in 60wt. I still have a large stock of Bottomline, but I'm running out of the colors I use for piecing, namely black, white, and grey. I bought some of the 60wt Simthread and can't tell the difference between that and Bottomline. And Simthread is about half the price. I've also tried their 40wt poly thread and I like it too.