Old 01-13-2024, 01:13 PM
Iceblossom

I hear what you are saying Peckish, and that is why I think that limiting points is a good idea.

The OPs issue is that these are members, on paper at least. They are registered and paid their dues but do not interact or help further the guild's interests. It takes work and effort to put on successful events, it can be a joy but you can also feel like you are taken advantage of. Those non-active guild people could put together a retreat themselves but it is easier to let someone else do the work.

Life isn't fair. For me as a working single mom with no family support and limited finances, I could barely go to monthly meetings and couldn't ever go on retreats or take classes or whatever special events for the most part. When I was able to do a day trip to Portland or whatever, it was special, and it was more for the fun than my limited financial purchasing power. Simply couldn't afford the time away from my child or the financial costs. Now that I am no longer working, I can do day things, but because of my vision issues I can't do night things. So it goes. I'm lucky I found a daytime weekly sewing group for company. It isn't a guild, it doesn't fit all my needs but I am grateful that they welcomed me in.