Old 01-13-2024, 01:56 PM
dunster
Power Poster

Most guilds have to decide between meeting during the day or evening. If they meet during the day, they are not available to quilters who work, and those are often younger members. I suspect though that there are far more older quilters who can't drive at night, so there's no one right answer. One of the guilds I belonged to in Oregon, the Midvalley Quilt Guild that met in Salem, had both night and morning meetings. The morning meeting attendance was by far the largest, probably 7 or 8 times greater than the evening attendance. But that was a very large guild with enough members to have leadership positions for both morning and night.

The guilds around here do have requirements for members (pay dues, sell or buy raffle tickets, help with guild activities like the quilt show, etc.) but the only one that seems to be actively monitored is paying dues. I think it's fair to give first dibs on retreat spots to the people who show up and help out. I'm not sure how well points would work, not having seen it in action, but it's something to think about.