View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 05:45 AM
rryder

Hey everyone, yesterday I found 5 books to donate and today I found 5 more. That's 15 out of my house so far this year!

I'm going to spend the rest of my organizing time this morning doing some more fabric cutting to get ready for a workshop I'm taking at MAQF- that's eating up a lot of my scraps YAY!

I'm trying to find a way to corral my batting scraps until I'm ready to use them. So far, I've made frankenbatting out of the larger scraps and will use those for art quilts, but these are piling up in my studio faster than I can use them.. I've been keeping small bits of batting to use for pillow stuffing- I'm working on getting enough for a bench cushion. I've been cutting these into small bits and putting them in a large ziplock bag, but since I need a lot more for the bench cushion than what the bag will hold, I'm looking for a more efficient way to store them. Right now the bag is a pain because it wants to fall off of whatever thing I put it on. I'm thinking maybe I'll continue filling ziplock bags, but store the bags in a box until I've got enough. That will keep the batting bits dust free. The problem is where to put the box???? And how to store the excess frankenbatting?

What do y'all do with your batting scraps and if you save them, how do you store them?

Rob