View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 10:46 AM
Macybaby

Default Using up batik scraps

Here are two tops that I've put together to use up batik scraps. I'm not a big fan of working with batiks, but do love the look so I keep ending up with a pile of scraps even when I can't remember even buying any fabric. I am a sucker for a pretty batik layer cake though, and had bought two of them several years ago planning on making another stained glass quilt.

The first one came together attempting to get some abandoned blocks into a top. I did twelve Affairs of the Heart hand applique blocks, and knew I'd never make any more, and while I was digging around I found the three stained glass blocks that were also something I started and knew I'd never get back to. I also had a bunch of chunks of black fabric in with the blocks, mostly small leftover yardage from other quilts that I'd bought black for. It wasn't all the exact color, but you can't tell and it got almost all used up. The AOH blocks still need hand embroidery, so it might be a while before that gets finished.

The second one used up 40 layer cake pieces, and the rest was from scraps. It's 72 blocks, so a bit less than half is from scraps. It's one of those that is a lot easier than it looks, which is always a bonus for me!

Attached Thumbnails 20240117_110414.jpg   20240123_121909.jpg