View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 01:32 PM
Heathermom2opmc

Envelopes are on their way.......Wanted to share my current hand piecing project--yes it is all hand pieced. Someone said that they thought 1.5 inch blocks were to small. I used to think so too, until I fell in love with this pattern. It goes by many names: Rosalia Flower Garden, Jack's Chain, and Morning glory are a few I found. It was printed in the Kansas City Star newspaper on December. 13, 1939. A special month and day for me. Yes it has 1.5 inch blocks making up the 9 patch, and yes the construction includes more Y seams then straight, but it is very fun for me. I can sit at night and create the 9 patch's then work on 1 of 3 of the blocks that make up this quilt pattern. I am working on getting a good length and width for a lap quilt, then I will see if I can expand to a twin. It will all depend on how much of the white background fabric I have. The bottom row in the picture will not be sewn there, it is laid out to see my progress. It is like a little mushroom, growing bit by bit at night.

Now to photo my current 2.5 inch block pattern, that one was not fun at all, but I will finish it before moving on to another machine pieced project.
Attached Thumbnails img_1775.jpg