View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 04:57 PM
thimblebug6000

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
Hello fellow 2024 organizers. I wanted to come brag about some work we did today and this seems like the place to do it.

We moved on October 26 and have been very slow about getting the whole house finished. The holidays, sickness, travel, and weather have all worked against us. We are trying to purge as we unpack so as not to clutter up our new home.

Our house has a beautiful bonus room that’s 19’8” by 13’9”, has two windows, and two walk-in closets. Today we went to Sam’s and bought three large metal shelf units and started opening boxes. We were able to get 80-90% of our stash put away in the stash closet, and maybe 20% of our tools and “stuff” in the tool closet. We are very happy with our results today.

The rest of the house is also slowly coming together. Everything that has to be opened and sorted is in the garage. That means we can’t park in there right now, but it keeps the mess out of the house. When we work out there, we find that we only really need to keep a fraction of what’s there. It feels so good to let go of things and know we aren’t bringing clutter in.

I only took pics of the stash closet. I wish I had taken before pictures of the room. It was literally a hazard! You could barely walk in there. There are still a few boxes in the main room but the next big push will be to finish that off and arrange furniture in there. And Monday we are getting lighting installed. That room only has one LED light in the center of the room. We are getting ten more and a dimmer switch installed. It’s going to make a huge difference.

Hope everyone hits all their goals for 2024. We are on our way!
such a lovely space, thanks for sharing.