View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 07:58 AM
KalamaQuilts

ok, how about quilts out the door? This past winter I donated 7 tops to a orphan mission in Alaska, the directors mother has a long arm and was thrilled to get them, nearly as thrilled as I was to see them gone. They were lovely and/or fun, but I like to to sew tops not quilt them
I also sold a stack of family tops, at this point I knew I'd never get around to quilting them. In all honesty I've had most of them for 30-40 years. If not done yet, they never would be. It was a relief and blessing to let them go.

This week I'm pulling finished quilts from my own piles. We just have the one bed and I change out the quilts every month, but how many quilts do I need? I make double sided quilts and even if I keep 12, that is still quite a stack and when will I use new ones??? And I love to make quilts, bed quilts I send out for quilting.
So I have 4 quilts pulled photoed measured, and will do some more today.
So far I've decided on Bonnie Hunter mysteries, love them, can make more.
Fused and machine stitched applique. Not a fan of the method but someone will love those quilts, they are fun.
Some vintage quilts I hand quilted but they are funny sizes and I don't use them.
Some inherited from Rob's aunt, super heavy, again, I don't use them.

So I'm counting this cupboard organization as a 100% win win. They would just get donated or pitched when I'm gone anyway, not that I'll be caring.
How many quilts do you keep and use?