View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 08:47 AM
Peckish

Yeah that one doesn't call to me either, lol.
I think I've had 2 disappointments, both very early in my quilting journey. The first one was all plaids and I did NOT like the way it looked when it was done. Gave the top to a friend who quilts 30+ quilts a month for the pastoral program at one of our local hospitals. They give a quilt to every terminal patient. If you could read the thank-you notes from the families, that's what all of us would be doing with our quilts!

The second disappointment was because I had tried to exactly replicate a quilt from a book, but I had to use different fabrics. It didn't turn out the way I had envisioned, so I gave it to same friend to quilt for the pastoral program. She quilted it and brought it to show me. It was GORGEOUS. I was so mad at myself for giving it away. But what I learned from the experience: 1) Dissect the picture - is it the pattern I like, or is it the colors and fabrics? 2) Color relationships and placements inside the quilt are much more important than the fabric print. 3) Be patient with the process. If I'm not happy, set it aside for a while, quilt it, and it's possible I may fall in love all over again. I really wish I had a picture of that quilt.
Attached Thumbnails wpid-ugly-quilt-2-2010-05-10-17-52.jpg