View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 04:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by paddingtonbear View Post
... I understand what you are saying about permanent ghost lines in cold weather (it doesn’t get cold here)...
Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
You misunderstood my comment about ghost lines. I never said anything about cold weather. The people who have complained about the ghost lines say they appear and NEVER disappear, no matter what the temperature is, how much they iron, or how much they try to wash the ink out.
Perhaps I can add a little more clarification here ...
The cold weather thing ... the "colour" can reappear in cold weather. Or if you put it in the freezer.

Ghost lines ... are after you iron the colour off. I have used frixions on white fabric, and if I look real close, I can see the ghost lines even on the white fabric. Doesn't matter the temperature.

All that being said ... I have also not had ghost lines appear. My guess is that I use Best Press in my prep work, and perhaps it protects the fabric from the ghosting? I have no idea.

Considering everything, while I do use Frixion pens, I use them cautiously and re-consider the risk and concerns, and whether I can accept any fall out from their use.