Old 01-31-2024, 07:04 AM
dogcar55

Default 1954 Kenmore Electric Rotary (120.491) - Bobbin

Recently acquired a 1954 Kenmore Electric Rotary (120.491) for a person that used it for decades and took very good care of it. The machine runs flawlessly and I took the advise of several knowledgeable vintage sewing machine experts to clean, oil and lubricate it before doing anything else.

I've been to several sewing group forums include this one and have researched this machine for several weeks now. I very much appreciate all the threads/post about this particular machine because I learned so much about it and found resources to find needles for this machine.

Finding bobbins for this machine has proven more challenging and so far I have found nothing about the bobbin for this machine. Being such a unique and different bobbin and for a machine that was only in production for 1 year I have be unable to find anyone that seems to have one or knows of any bobbin that can be used as an alternative. I've searched and search on Etsy, eBay and several vintage sewing machine vendors/suppliers.

I joined this forum to see if there is anyone that may be able to guide me to someone or possible resources that might have one I can purchase.

I appreciate your time and expertise... thank you

- Les