Thread: Being cheap.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 08:03 AM
Snooze2978

I don't care if I'm called cheap but I do consider myself frugal big time. My sister and I will hit the thrift shop every Friday, our shopping day. We buy most of our clothes there these days also. My sister found most of the ornamental stuff to decorate her new house from the thrift shops. By shopping frugally at the thrift shops, we're able to pay for the more expensive stuff like new furniture, appliances, cars. I'm trying to lose weight so going out and buying brand new clothes that may fit me for only a short time seems wasteful to me. We do look at the brands of clothing we buy and how well the clothes were maintained by the previous owners.

If I'm called cheap because of how I shop, so be it. I also hit the clearance section at Walmart every week during our shopping outing. Just picked up a timer I needed for my grow lights. Got it at half price so I feel I got myself a deal and I actually needed it.

We also go thru our clothes every season, items around the house to see if we still like them, they no longer fit, we no longer use it, etc. These items get taken back to the thrift shop to resell. They're a non-profit organization so I feel I'm doing my part.