View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM
susan s.

I have bought plexi-glass at home depot. I have not gotten around to cutting it yet so I can't tell you how easy or difficult that may be. Unless you are handy or know a handy man :D It maybe more of a project than you want to take on. But they also sell a thinner type. If you go plexi, all hardware stores sell something, It comes in a wide variety of sizes, and most stores (The hardware store) will cut it for you. I guess the acuracy would vary, but you might get lucky and find someone who has a clue, to help you. If you bring some type of visual aid to the store with you it would help. Also you will need to sand it along the edges at least to knock of any plastic burs. This can be done with med. grit sand paper or even an emory board. I have left over piece of Plexi about two feet long and 6 to 8 inch wide I use as a straight edge. It works so much better than a ruler. except of course it has no measurement marked on it. But my cutting mats do, so it works. I plan to do some template, Just have not gotten around to working on it. Good luck ! I just got reminded that time is slipping away. and I have to go to work.